Story Gathering Intern
During the summer, as a member of the Advancement Field Team, the Story Gathering Intern will be expected to:
- Work closely with the Photography/Videography Intern to document and report compelling narratives about the work ASP is doing across our service area.
- Travel throughout ASP’s service area, meeting with homeowners, volunteers, staff and community members to collect stories for Advancement to draw advertisement, fundraising, PR, marketing, and social media material from throughout future years.
- Work with the Photography/Videography Intern to collect photographs and video content from the field, including family and project photos from all homeowners met, photos of volunteers working, and life around ASP in general to be used for publicity reasons.
- Produce content specifically for social media based on content schedule provided and as requested. Maintain Instagram Stories and post directly to Twitter while in the field, posting every day while on worksites and in centers. Other content should be sent to ASP HQ for scheduling and editing.
- Encourage use of hashtags in field (including #ASPhome #ASPCounty), encourage photo competition submissions, and approach individuals about sharing their story with us through blog posts, social media, or other mediums
- Create content for the ASP blog throughout the summer; this should be posted once a week, documenting the Story Gathering Intern’s travels, the people he/she meets, and stories heard. These blogs should promote the central ideas of ASP and shed light to all aspects, including those not discussed much in our other campaigns.
To apply, email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Cara Nagy at firstname.lastname@example.org.