Material Handler- OPEN!
ASP is hiring three (3) Material Handlers. The Material Handler position is part of the summer Ministries Department. Material Handlers are responsible for maintaining and tracking all bulk supplies throughout the summer in assigned hubs and warehouses under the direction of the Delivery Manager.
This position is located in one of three hubs within the ASP service region (southwest West Virginia, southeast Kentucky and Johnson City, TN. Extensive travel and irregular hours (including weekends and overnights) will be required. A vehicle is provided for all work-related travel. Housing at one of our summer facilities will also be provided. This is a temporary position beginning May 21, 2018 and concluding in early August 2018.
Set Up Week:
- Assist during set-up week to receive and deliver supplies to warehouses and hubs
- Assist in JC warehouse throughout the summer as needed
- Stock field hubs from JC as needed
- Complete inventory of all hub materials every Sunday
- Track and fill all center staff orders
- Coordinate material pick-up timing with center staff
- Help load center orders into staff vehicles
- Deliver materials to outlier centers from each hub throughout the summer
- Deliver materials to other centers, as available
- Vehicles must be loaded correctly, adhering to weight limits as determined and reviewed by the Fleet Systems Technician
- Deliver all leftover supplies back to the warehouse during close-out
- Clean and close-out storage hubs to close rental
- Assist Delivery Manager in returning all unused, unopened materials to vendors
- Assist Delivery Manager in end of summer accounting of all materials
- Communicate with Delivery Manager weekly
- Maintain accounting documentation for credit card, material orders, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible work habits as outlined in ASP’s Interpersonal Standards Agreement (provided upon request)
- Valid driver’s license and driving record that is acceptable to ASP’s insurer
- Flexibility to work unusual hours
- Highly motivated, self-starter, problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs or more on a regular basis
- A minimum of one year of experience on ASP summer staff
To apply for the Material Handler position, follow the 2018 Summer Staff Application link at the bottom of the page.